Report a Problem

Residents frequently ask the Parish Council about various planning enforcement, highways, footpaths or nuisance issues and how best to deal with them.

Below are the links to the various authorities web pages where you are able to report issues yourself.

We would encourage you to do this to ensure that any problems are dealt with promptly.

If there is anything else that you wish to report and cannot see it listed below, please email the Clerk who can advise you further ()

The Hampshire County Council website is full of useful information and below are links to the web pages regarding the problems most commonly reported to us:

Planning Enforcement Issues

EHDC investigate complaints about breaches of planning control in East Hampshire, including in Greatham. You can report any potential breaches using the link below. Please note that they will not investigate anonymous complaints. The details of a complaint will become public but the identity of a complainant or informant is always treated as confidential.

Whilst the Parish Council will report breaches when we are notified about them, we understand that it is more likely that a complaint will be investigated when a number of residents have raised the same issue. The Parish Council is unable to investigate or act on any information received about planning enforcement issues, and will only report them to EHDC.

Report all potential breaches using this link:


Problems on roads, footpaths and verges

Report a pothole

Urgent Highways problems

For urgent Highways problems, such as a tree blocking the road:

Phone 0300 555 1388 (8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)

Outside of office hours, phone 101

Report a flooding or drainage problem

Flooding can be caused by the sheer volume of water or indicate a blockage or maintenance problem with the system. Any flooding or drainage issue should be reported so that it can be dealt with and the system checked for adequacy.

If you believe the flooding is from a river, please contact the Environment Agency:

Report a tree or hedge problem

Trees close to roads need to be managed to ensure they don’t cause a danger to people, vehicles or neighbouring properties. Hampshire County Council manage trees growing on highway land.

They do not manage trees on private property and roads and landowners are responsible for these trees.

If you spot a problem please report it here:

Grass cutting and weed killing

Grass cutting and weed control on road verges is undertaken by Hampshire County Council in rural areas and local councils in urban areas to ensure the maintenance of sight lines at bends, junctions and signs, as well as the general appearance of the area. To find out more, or report a problem, use this link:

Reporting nuisance bonfires

Under the Environmental Protection Act 1990, if a bonfire is a regular problem and interferes substantially with wellbeing, comfort or enjoyment of your property it may be considered a statutory nuisance.

One  off fires that are very large, produce excessive amounts of smoke and left to burn for long periods may also be considered a statutory nuisance if they significantly impact neighbours.

Please report any issues here: