Greatham Parish Council are seeking a Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer:
- Part-time: 12 hours per week
- Flexible working hours
- Attendance required at the monthly parish meeting held in the evening (very occasionally there may be two meetings in a month)
Salary: Up to £16.50 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Holiday allowance of 25 days (pro-rata) per annum
- £25/month work-from-home allowance
- Mileage allowance (other than meeting attendance and other statutory duties)
- Paid over-time (when required and upon agreement)
Greatham is a village located in the South Downs National Park. Greatham Parish Council consists of seven councillors and hold a monthly Parish Council meetings and ad hoc Planning Committee meetings. We are a very active council with a busy community and several projects that the new Clerk would be key to progressing.
Main role will be to act as the council’s Proper Officer and Responsible Finance Officer but it is an incredibly varied position so the ideal candidate would be a self-starter, have excellent organisational skills and first-class communication skills for collaborating with the public, suppliers, and the council.
We are preferably looking for someone who already has experience and qualifications in local government and/or management, but this is not essential. Ideally you are a CiLCA qualified clerk or have experience working in local council. If not CiLCA qualified, we would like you to start the CiLCA qualification within 12 months of starting.
There is a degree of flexibility, so the role is ideal for parents or those returning from a career break, with working hours to be agreed upon with the successful candidate.
Applications should be made by 5pm on Friday 13th January 2023 by email and include your CV and a covering letter of why you think you are suitable for this role.